The Cedar Room
Large light filled room with south facing 12-foot-high feature windows and patio doors that leads onto our Spiritual Garden. This room has a 20 foot high ceiling, wooden floors, a large wood burning stove and a solid walnut dividing wall. The latest Audio Visual technology has been installed and is discreetly positioned within the room.
The Spiritual Garden
This limestone encircled Spiritual Garden with a 8 metre diameter is steeped in beauty and high symbolic in meaning. The suitably appointed celtic knot stone plaque surrounded by the word ‘eternal’, and the garden itself represent the interconnectedness of life - no beginning and no end. This very private setting overlooks the sensory garden and the beauty of Kilcornan Woods beyond hazel fence.
Receptions and Dinners
- Our signature dining room is the Heather Room. It features two double patio doors which access our south-facing patio and Sensory Garden, walnut flooring and a beautifully designed old-style dresser fitted with a Belfast sink. It can seat up to 24 people. For larger groups, the adjoining Hazel Room and Cedar Rooms may be used (connected by a feature solid walnut dividing wall).
- Extensive wedding menus are provided by our two award-winning bespoke caterers PoppySeed Café, Clarinbridge.
- Treat Café, Claregalway.
- All food is freshly cooked to order and delivered directly. Hot food is maintained in chafing dishes until serving time.
- All dietary requirements catered for.
- Please speak directly with us to discuss options.
- The SCCUL Sanctuary boasts a fully HSE approved and fully equipped kitchen should you wish to bring your own chef.
- Big screen available for family and friends joining remotely
- Well ventilated space and fully adheres to all COVID-19 guidelines
- Exclusive use of entire building for your special day
- 10 minute drive from the M6/M17/M18 motorways, 20 minutes from Galway City, under one hour Limerick and Athlone.
- WIFI as standard throughout the building
- Light-filled and beautifully furnished rooms with comfortable seating and modular furniture
- Fully wheelchair accessible
- Double doors from each room opening onto south and west facing patios and into the sensory garden with stone seating throughout.
- The Sensory Garden and arches provide the ideal backdrop for the photos to mark the special occasion
- Free parking
- Outdoor furniture available including hanging basket swing chairs, fold-up tables and comfortable seating